Sunday, February 21, 2010

How do I remove latex paint from my carpet? Its water based, but has dried...?

I am re-decorating my daughters bedroom and despite the drop sheets there is a little paint on the carpet...





Does anyone know how to get it out?How do I remove latex paint from my carpet? Its water based, but has dried...?
hello painter here, if it's little spots (i hope it is) i usually just cut it out with a razor blade. you won't see what little you'll cut... if it's a very low pile carpet just scrape it with the razor blade.... hot water may help the more stubborn spots, but most liquids wont help. (think of trying to get dried paint off your clothes, doesn't really work well)


good luck


lj


a stiff bristle brush can work sometimes as wellHow do I remove latex paint from my carpet? Its water based, but has dried...?
carpet cleaner spray or Oxy Clean
This is an easy one, and a little trick I used as a professional carpet cleaner. If it's just small splatters and spots, soak them with rubbing alcohol, let it sit a few minutes, and then use a towel dampened with the rubbing alcohol to remove the rest. Finish with a very dilute and mild soap and water, followed by a clear water rinse . Blot thouroughly dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment