Saturday, February 27, 2010

I need to get spraypaint (Krylon H2O latex paint) off my wall and carpet?

Help. I was spraypainting in my room and got some of the paint on my carpet and wall. after scrubbing some off the wall it left an orange stain how can I get the stain off the wall and the paint off the rug.(oh and I also got it on my shirt)I need to get spraypaint (Krylon H2O latex paint) off my wall and carpet?
Try a product called 'Goof Off' or 'Oops!'...this may work on the rug.The stain on the wall,probably not...best to put a stain killing primer over it and repaint.





Added comment:WD 40 is good for many things including removing stickers and adhesives but it is NOT going to work on latex paint and it will only make the wall surface greasy.I need to get spraypaint (Krylon H2O latex paint) off my wall and carpet?
For the carpet, Go to:





http://rugrag.com/StainRemoval.aspx





Select ';paint'; from the drop box. I think you'll have really good luck with this procedure, I can't tell you how many crazy things it's helped us with. DON'T purchase the all in one cleaners, they're really created to blanket as many possible stains as possible. if you want the best results, use the stain tool above, it's custom tailored to your specific stain. Its really intended for even the finest of Persian rugs, but I use this on our wall to wall carpeting downstairs too. Simply fantastic
Believe it or not you can try WD40. This is good as it will not damage the surface of the wall or the carpet.


This is the first thing I'd try as it is very easy to see if it will break down the paint if not you can move onto something more powerful if need be.


Always do a test area first to make sure you are not going to do more damage to the area you are trying to fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment