Thursday, February 25, 2010

I had a quart of purple latex paint spill on my carpet in my apartment..any suggestions on how to get it out?

My mom and I have been putting warm water with soap on it and scrubbing it with a brush and then shop vaccing it..it's gotten a lot lighter, its a light pink now, but I really would love to get it all out..my carpet is light tannishI had a quart of purple latex paint spill on my carpet in my apartment..any suggestions on how to get it out?
Try ';Goof Off'; or Mineral Spirits.. both products work to remove paint.. Mineral Spirits is a lot gentler than Goof Off.. I have used both to remove paint from carpet.I had a quart of purple latex paint spill on my carpet in my apartment..any suggestions on how to get it out?
Try this but test the spray on another piece of hidden carpet first.


http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-Latex-Pain鈥?/a>





Also, assuming latex paint melts and your carpet doesn't, I've got rid of stuff like this by using a sheet of paper kitchen towel over it and then ironing the kitchen towel. Use a low heat and again check the carpet somewhere hidden first before using the iron near it.
I found that Kaboom works really good for stains.
replace it
Good one! UNFORTUNATELY, the warm soapy water is about it...and guess what, THAT CAN DAMAGE THE CARPET, the padding AND the floor underneath it TOO!


Best thing to do is ask the landlord where he got the carpet--your Aunt loves how it wears like iron, blah blah blah---GO wherever he got it get a remnant....THEN find ';carpet installers'; in the yellow pages, explain what the heck you did, that you have a replacement piece and can they please come out and CUT and RESEW the carpet....


See, all bases are covered! Good as new, the landlord WILL NEVER KNOW!
spray some oven cleaner on and let it sit on the item for 3 or 4 hours. rub well with a stiff brush and wash with hot water and dish soap.





';haley's cleaning hints'; book.
I know this is a little unconventional but try white spirit.





I had a pot of gloss paint spilt on a tan rug and I used white spirit and it came up looking like new!





However, it was only a cheap rug. If you paid a lot of money for the carpet you might want to try just a small patch first!!!





Good luck!
You're outa luck on that one. The only thing you can do is have the carpet replaced. You'll probably have to pay for it since you live in an apartment. Sorry.
i used goof off for the purple paint I got on the carpets in my new office and it worked perfect. Just check it in an inconspicuous area to make sure it won't damage the carpet further.
You'll never get it all out. Have to replace at least that room to make it match.
My dear, you need to get a new carpet. Not going to come up.
Tell the landlord and pay to replace the carpet.
go to the paint store and look for something called


';Krud Kutter';.
Water will work as long as the paint is still wet. Once its dry, about the only thing I could suggest is go out and get a light tannish can of paint and spill that over the stain.
Try Oxyclean and warm water.

No comments:

Post a Comment