Thursday, February 25, 2010

Latex paint is bubbling on my ceiling. How can I fix it?

My husband is painting the ceiling on our second floor. He's cleaned it and started painting. However, he's discovering that the paint is bubbling at places and easily coming off. I need to know how we can stop that from happening.Latex paint is bubbling on my ceiling. How can I fix it?
It could be dampness like the two other posters said





If so, use a dehumidifier for a couple of days first








it could also be that the ceiling needs to be primed, this would especially be the case if it is new sheetrock.





























KpLatex paint is bubbling on my ceiling. How can I fix it?
Definitely a moisture problem. Do you have a ceiling exhaust fan in that bathroom? take the grill off and check if there is moisture in there. You could have a condensation problem with warm air from the bathroom contacting cold air in the attic above. Make sure your attic floor above the bathroom is fully insulated with blown-ion or fiberglass insulation. Once the ceiling is dry, you can spray or paint on a coat of shellac. This will serve as sealer/primer coat. Don't lay it on too thick. Just one thin coat. Then you can paint your latex paint on top of it.
this is due to dampness on the surface. the surface you painted on was not completely dry hence this problem. look for a leakage source seal it wait for the moisture to evaporate then paint.
Consult a good painter to rectify the problem

No comments:

Post a Comment