Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Can I use dishes that were in the sink when i washed a paint brush that contained low VOC latex paint?

I washed the dishes in the dishwasher and there are no visible signs of paint residue, but does the paint or paint chemicals soak into the plastic/glass rendering them unsafe to use? I used a low VOC latex household paint.Can I use dishes that were in the sink when i washed a paint brush that contained low VOC latex paint?
just make sure they are washed and yes they are fine to use. i deal with this on a daily basis as a painter.Can I use dishes that were in the sink when i washed a paint brush that contained low VOC latex paint?
I am a professional painter.


I also use low or 0 voc paints.


If that happened to me, I would just wash the exposed dishes again.


No residue should be left on anything after 2 washings.
I think you will be fine. I've actually used my plates (though ceramic, not plastic) after first using them as a paint pallette when mixing small amounts of latex paint. They have been fine. No one in my family has grown a third eye or anything! LOL





Latex is washable and while you wouldn't want to dip yourself in it, it won't harm you, soak through the skin while you are painting. If you don't see any paint left, and you've run your dishes through the dishwasher I'm sure it will be fine.
i dont think so ..
  • rate my
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment