Saturday, February 27, 2010

Removing latex paint/primer from berber carpet?

I spilled latex primer on a berber carpet in a 2x2 section is there a product to remove it. Do you know of a company such as Stanley Steemer that can remove it in California.Removing latex paint/primer from berber carpet?
been there done that.





use any ';steam clean system'; I rented one, did it myself, and before my husband got home from work, not only were the walls painted, the rug was cleaned too..





he thought I was wonderful...Removing latex paint/primer from berber carpet?
ummmmmmm idk ?
BY ALL MEANS..DO NOT USE PAINT THINNER!!! Latex is water based lol..also goof off and goo gone etcetera..will sometimes take the dye out of your carpet..it's main ingredient is simply denatured alcohol, but it has other solvents too that can wipe out your carpet...Denatured alcohol can be bought at wal mart..home depot etc..and it will not harm the carpet..plus by volume..it is alot cheaper..what you can buy a half pint of goof off for you can buy a quart of dennatured alcohol..here are some pictures on the link...very common to find and use...





http://www.wmbarr.com/product.aspx?catid鈥?/a>





http://www.bobvila.com/wwwboard/messages鈥?/a>





here is a good article..describing the harms off goof off, goo gone etc
Goof Off 2
you need to determine what type of berber, ie... wool, cotton, combo of cotton rayon.....etc. and, you need to know if the paint and primer is oil base or water base. Once you have determined the above,call up a reputable carpet cleaning company, tell them the problem and they will help you out. I personnaly like Stanley Steemer, they will come out for free and tell at no charge.





I have had paint in my carpet and Stanley Steemer got it out. Another good company is Service Masters or, Coit
Try dish soap or Oxy Clean.
I would suggest that you use Motsenbocker's Lift Off number 5 - Latex Based Paint remover. I have used it on tile and it even helped me remove nail polish from one of my favorite pairs of pants without damage to the fabric or altering of the color. Since carpet is fabric as well I would suggest a couple of sprays and scrubbing the area lightly with a brush. Then dilute the area with clear water and blot, blot, blot. When dry vacuum. Good luck!!
Stanley Steamer gets carpets CLEANER! :)





or go to like home depot and buy resolve carpet


spot treatment.
paint thiner
amazing, DONT use paint thinnner. Latex means it is WATER based, did you try soap and water ?
  • rate my
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment