Thursday, February 25, 2010

How long after I paint my walls with latex paint can I move the furniture back in and use the room again?

well i would wait atleast 6 hrs to move things back to where they were in the room , just becaus e the paint feels dry to the touch underneath may not be dryed , and th e more coats put on the walls etc , should hav e more drying time , so i would atleast wait 6 hrs , if th eroom was well vetilated etc , and if u or someone in th e home cant stand the smell of fresh paint i would open all windows in th eroom painted and place a fan in the room tha t will help push the smeell out , even though the fresh smell of paint can last a few days , it will not be as stroung afte r doing this , but wait atleast 6 hrs , or read the can that the paint was in and see what there recomendations or drying and setting time isHow long after I paint my walls with latex paint can I move the furniture back in and use the room again?
most latex paints dry in 30 minutes. Wait one hour before moving everything back in.How long after I paint my walls with latex paint can I move the furniture back in and use the room again?
Definitely not when touch to dry, u might get lucky but ususally the outer layer will dry faster then inner. Normally if u read the label of the can u buy they have cure time and thats what u go by.If the day is humid or raining or cold then the cure time will be lot longer,that also should be on the label. It all matters on the weather of ur area, but cure time is what u follow.
After the paint is dry. I'd wait an hour or two. If you are going to be leaning anything against the wall, wait alot longer as there is a good chance of the paint adhering to it and it peeling off the wall. Just be sure and be cautious of where your stuff is. I just painted my whole interior of my house, so I'm speaking from right now experience.
Move your furniture back in, it's dry.
I have never moved furniture out or stopped using a room while painting. Latex paint dries almost immediately.
as soon as it's dry to the touch

No comments:

Post a Comment