Tuesday, February 23, 2010

How do you removed dried latex paint from carpet? Goof Off can't be used safely on carpets...?

I painted my bedroom this weekend and when I lifted the plastic from the rug I saw many spots of paint, but they're all dried. I purchased some Goof Off but it can't be safely used on carpets. Scrubbing isn't very effective but I'm desperate! Thanks for any help!How do you removed dried latex paint from carpet? Goof Off can't be used safely on carpets...?
Go to your local mega-mart and buy a product called ';Oops'; When I moved in, I got a HUGE blob of latex paint on my new berber carpet. -- I didn't notice it, because sweet hubby didn't want to get in trouble so he hid it under some tarp...... by the time I noticed it, it was all dried up... I got oops and sprayed it on, and it wiped up... Hubby was very thankful, but still blames the dog... :)How do you removed dried latex paint from carpet? Goof Off can't be used safely on carpets...?
If it is dry I would just use a butter knife and try to scrape most of it away and then use plain old soap and water.
Oops has worked great for me-also I have heard that you can clean paint out of old brushes with water and lemon jiuce (hot) because of the citric acid....I have used goof off on rugs and its been fine but I always test it first-like in a closet. You can also take small scissors and snip the drops out if they are small
It might be possible to sand it off with 60 grit sandpaper. While the carpet is dry, try sanding it either by hand, or with an orbital sander. If you use the electric sander be careful that you don't melt the carpet or wear a hole in it. When you have gotten the dried paint up, you can then vacuum and shampoo the carpet. I have used this method and it works well.

No comments:

Post a Comment