Saturday, February 27, 2010

Is there such a thing as a clear gloss that I can use over interior latex paint?

prefferably something that is not a spray paint kind of thing, I want to gloss very small sections and would like to do it with a paintbrushIs there such a thing as a clear gloss that I can use over interior latex paint?
you probably want a glaze.Is there such a thing as a clear gloss that I can use over interior latex paint?
I've used brush on polyurethane before. Worked for me! It's the same idea of the spray on type and I've used it before on larger areas but the brush on type is good for small jobs. Make sure you use a brush that is specifically made for it. I've had problems with ';tracks'; before I started using the finer brushes.
I painted my bathroom vanity with a latex paint and then covered it with 3 coats of Varathane which is a brand name for clear polyurethane. The best way to apply it is with the foam type of brush which you can just throw away after. If you can avoid the dust and sand lightly with a fine sandpaper between the coats you will get a super durable, glossy, and easy to clean surface.


If you use Varathane ';Diamond'; finish it is water based for easy clean and minimal odors but slightly more expensive.
Behr makes a clear glaze that is usually mixed with your interior paint, but I can't see why you couldn't apply it directly with a brush. You would be best off going to a good paint store and asking for help.

No comments:

Post a Comment