Tuesday, February 23, 2010

How do you make Latex paint Thicker?

My paint is too thin and needs to be thicker. Help!!!How do you make Latex paint Thicker?
I'm afraid that there is nothing that I know of that will do that. They have Latex Paint Conditioners, but those are designed to help the paint flow better....





Sorry!How do you make Latex paint Thicker?
I am just getting into the paint thing while re-doing my living room and dining room and tried two paints. Benjamin Moore and Valspar (Lowe's). I noticed a SIGNIFICANT difference between the two in that the VALSPAR is much thicker than the Ben Moore. I continued with the Valspar.





Consumer Reports just rated the Valspar one of their top picks. Additionally, it rated very good in paint application resulting in no visible roller traces, as opposed to Ben Moore, who did not fare well in that respect. But let me say, that I'm sure a professional painter knows how to avoid this issue, but for the do-it-yourselfer, it's something to note.





I've painted with Behr before and I did not like it at all and it seems the general consensus is it's not a good paint.





I would agree and you should get new paint.
Another voice to say ';no'; to Behr paint. It's thin and doesn't contain enough pigment to cover well.





We can't get Valspar or Sherwin-Williams where I live, but I found Benjamin Moore to be far superior to anything from the Glidden/Dulux/CIL family.
try putting a few condoms in it. the condoms are made of rubber, and latex is rubber, so the condoms should thicken the paint.
You need to buy a better paint. Try Behr from Home Depot. Sounds like you're using Glidden, also known as colored water.
Throw it out. Go To home depot and ask them what the pro's use.


Not behr, Thats there brand and there gonna push it.

No comments:

Post a Comment