Thursday, February 25, 2010

I painted a figure on wood with latex paint. i would like poly it, without it turning yellow. What do i use?

I have polyurethaned other stuff and they almost instantly turn yellow.I painted a figure on wood with latex paint. i would like poly it, without it turning yellow. What do i use?
Yes, polyurethane varnish will yellow things, even more over time. this is good for us who like the golden aged look, but I can see that it wouldn't be so good for what you are doing. You can use a product called Minwax Polycrylic. it is a water based varnish which is crystal clear, and as far as my experience goes, stays clear. Light blue label on the can. you can get it anywhere like home depot or Lowe's, or probably any hardware store.I painted a figure on wood with latex paint. i would like poly it, without it turning yellow. What do i use?
Craft stores have clear acrylic varnishes, and paint stores should have clear varnishes too.

No comments:

Post a Comment