Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I painted a piece of furniture with high gloss latex paint. I want it shinier, what can I do?

I want the look of lacquer, but the man at the hardware store said that using lacquer or polyurethane will make it look yellow. I'm not sure what to do to get that very glossy look.I painted a piece of furniture with high gloss latex paint. I want it shinier, what can I do?
Try liquid latex and a silicone shiner...





I just would not try to paint any places that touch fabric...I painted a piece of furniture with high gloss latex paint. I want it shinier, what can I do?
Depending on how serious you are and what your budget is, there are many options available to make your furniture look professionally smooth and shiny. I would work really hard at sanding and smoothing. Rent or buy a power sander and work from rough sandpaper to super fine. Then use a power buffer, prime, and paint with glossy paint. There are many various types of polyurethane overcoats that won't look yellow. This site may give you some other ideas:





http://home.howstuffworks.com/guide-to-furniture-finishes-ga.htm
You could try spray painting it with clear acrylic use several coats and sand with some ultra fine automotive sandpaper between coats.
Furniture polish.
  • rate my
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment