Sunday, February 21, 2010

What is the best way to sand latex paint?

I removed a chair rail from my dining room and I want to repaint the walls in one color, floor to ceiling. The wall above the rail was papered; below was painted. There is now a ';lip'; where the paint met the bottom of the chair rail. How can I sand this smooth before priming and repainting? I find the rubbery latex difficult to sand.What is the best way to sand latex paint?
The rubbery texture is not the paint, it's painter's caulk which was used to cover the gap between the chair rail and wall. Use a putty knife to scrape that away, then use a pole sander with 80 grit paper to smooth the transition. Hope this helps.





http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q鈥?/a>What is the best way to sand latex paint?
Sand paper wrapped around a wooden block.

No comments:

Post a Comment