Monday, February 8, 2010

What is the best way to remove latex paint from a rug?

My dog stepped in latex paint and tracked it all through the house and on the rugs. How can i remove the paint?What is the best way to remove latex paint from a rug?
If you have any excess carpet, a carpet installer could cut out the damaged area %26amp; seam in a new peice. There is also a product called Afta by gaurdsman that will remove the paint. Make sure you work the spot inwards so you don't make it larger.What is the best way to remove latex paint from a rug?
It isn't hard but by the time I answer this it's too late. Get a bucket of warm water and a lot of Dawn and go to work. Got to get it before it gets dry. My three year old did this and we had blue paint from one end of the house to the other. She decided to help me paint. I got it up but you can still tell something happened in places. I was crying. LOL





I thought about answering you with ...Re-carpet .
This has helped us in the past, may work for you. Worth a try!





http://www.rugrag.com/stain-removal/Pain鈥?/a>
Start a new trend, dog decorated carpet. Bring in other animals and see what patterns they created. It might make the papers.
Try Goofoff. You can buy it at most department stores. I have used it even after paint has dried and it works well but do a test area first.

No comments:

Post a Comment