Monday, February 8, 2010

How do I get latex paint out of hair/clothes?

I was painting some rooms with latex wall paint, and, don't ask me how, got it in my hair. Is there any way to get it out of my hair quicker than just letting it wear out?





I also got paint on some clothes. Does anyone konw how to get it out?





I know I might be out of luck, but if you have any tips, i would really appreciate them!How do I get latex paint out of hair/clothes?
Wow ! you paint like I do, I like you already. Let's start with the easy one, just wash your hair, take a comb and comb it out while it's wet, best not to let it get dry it get's harder. A little conditioner can hurt as it makes things softer too.


The clothes, well that's a little more cumbersome, the best way to get latex paint out is when it's wet, after all it's a water base right? If the paint hasn't dried just wet them well and give a good scrub, the paint will dissolve, then wash in the washer on cold or warm as per normal. There are a couple of products on the market that will get latex paint out of fabric, once its dry, but I can only tell you for Canada. The one called Winning Colours works on most, we sell it in our Home Hardware store, my sister swears by it. You might try asking at your local store, say a Lowe's. In the meantime, keeping the clothes damp in a bag (for a short period of time) will give you some time to look or call around.





Next time, invest in a paint cap and wear clothes that just don't matter and go barefoot, don't forget a drop cloth, and keep a wet rag in your hand for easy clean up before you walk out of the room.How do I get latex paint out of hair/clothes?
soap and water for that hair





as for the clothes even latex paint stays if not washed out with in a few hours
Latex paint should come out in the wash; the sooner the better. Do not dry them until you are sure the paint is out.


You may have to wash them a couple of times.


Your hair should be fine once it is shampooed.


I got blood red paint in my hair (and a lot of it ) and I*m blonde. It was a mess. but I jumped in the shower and washed it twice and it all came out.
Out of hair, I just was it a couple of times then use a fine tooth comb or natural bristle brush.





Out of clothing after it has dried, no clue - I have a set of just paint clothes that I use. If it is fresh and not dried completely (12 hours or less) wash them in warm water with ammonia or white vinager and laundry detergant. Let them air dry so the dryer will not bake the paint on it and it can be picked off after that.
Latex is water based, so soap and water should do it.
Time for a shower with soap and water. Wash the clothes with laundry detergent and warm water. Try and do it soon before it sets in the clothes. good luck.
Ice can work. You can also just pick it out or just soap and water
Shampoo and Condition your hair then rinse and repeat.. a couple time haha!
Cooking oil works great to wipe paint off your hands, arms, etc. Put some on a paper towel and scrub.


Shampoo your hair a couple of times. That should get out latex paint.


As for your clothes, are they worth trying to save?


When I paint I use a cheap pair of pants and a T-shirt from a thrift store. If I have no further painting to do, I just toss them. If I have to do some more, I rinse them out in a bucket with soap and water outside a few times and then hang them to dry. I wouldn't put them in the washing machine.
Jess you are such a retard but I still love ya!





Hahaha I can't believe you got it in your hair.





:P

No comments:

Post a Comment