Sunday, February 21, 2010

Can I paint particleboard with latex primer and latex paint?

Yes you can. I do it all the time...my primer of choice is Kilz it seals in everything from old paint, stain and even pitch from knotholes so nothing bleeds through. I generally put on two coats of primer, then paint as usual. Personally, I would stay away from oil based paints.





Hope this helpsCan I paint particleboard with latex primer and latex paint?
The kilz or Bullseye or any other pigmented shellac is the correct answer. Latex primers will cause the partical board surface to swell. Although MDF is a better product, it is also more expensive. If PB is acceptable to you, then have at it.Can I paint particleboard with latex primer and latex paint?
I think you should use Alkyd primer and then latex paint.


Particle board tends to bleed color with latex without alkyd primer.
I think it would be fine you probably should use some type of sealer depending on what you are using what you are painting for.
If you have not bought it yet, do with MDF. It's a much better paint surface.
  • rate my
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment