Sunday, February 21, 2010

I painted a room and i wanna know how do i get latex paint off the hard wood floor ? ive been using a scatch?

i have been using a scratch pad..that works but its taking forever.I painted a room and i wanna know how do i get latex paint off the hard wood floor ? ive been using a scatch?
Call your local paint store (I'm not talking Lowe's or Home Depot...I mean a REAL paint store) and ask them for suggestions.





If the paint has only been there for a day or so, you should be able to put a wet cloth over it, let it soak for a few minutes, and then whisk it away with a plastic scratch pad. If the paint has cured and it's been too long, the only other option may be to scratch it off with a razor blade and then restain and varnish those places on your hardwood floor.





But do check with the professionals first! And next time use a drop cloth! :-)I painted a room and i wanna know how do i get latex paint off the hard wood floor ? ive been using a scatch?
I've seen contractors use big floor sanders to remove old finishes. I guess it would work on paint. They look like a floor buffing machine. You can rent one at a tool rental center which there are a lot of.





http://www.taylorrent.com/tools/floor.ht鈥?/a>





http://www.do-it-yourself-rental.com/pag鈥?/a>





http://www.homedepotrents.com/proTools/f鈥?/a>





For really tough spots, you could use Goof Off. It removes paint, glue, etc...
You're doing fine. There is no magic cure for this. But I bet you use a drop cloth next time. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment