Monday, February 8, 2010

How to remove latex paint from vinyl floor?

I painted my bathroom yesterday, and a little paint got on the floor. How do I get it off?How to remove latex paint from vinyl floor?
I'm a union painter,,I can answer this... I use my 6 in. broad knife....It's a big putty knife...lay it flat on the floor and push gently. Latex paint will come off very easily.


I Don't use hot soapy water because the water can get between the tiles and cause a problem. Mineral spirits can leave a bleached lookin spot...Try to scrape it off first..sure it will come off if it's latex. If that do work..Use ';Goo be gone'; squirt some on a old rag and rub it over the paint. Good luckHow to remove latex paint from vinyl floor?
Latex paint is water based, so using an unabrasive scrubber and soap and water, should take it right up. If not, like the other guy said, try scraping it up with something like a putty knife.
There is a product called ';OOPS'; which does a good job and should be available from a hardware store.
If the paint is Interior paint you can use hot soapy water if it is a exterior paint you will need mineral spirits you want to get a srunggie pad too this will help you get it up with out any harm

No comments:

Post a Comment