Thursday, February 18, 2010

How to get dry latex paint out of carpet?

While I was away on business, DH decided to surprise me by painting the living room and hallway. (I do like it...)





Our doggie Sam knocked down the paint tray onto the rug. DH left it to dry, thinking it would be easier to remove that way than wet.





Now we've got a blue paint stain the size of a serving platter on our brown carpet. HELP!How to get dry latex paint out of carpet?
Goof Off





The Ultimate Remover for dried paint! This well-known solvent product removes dried paint as well as adhesive, sticker residue, gum, crayon,


tar, oil, marker, pen, lipstick, scuff marks, candle wax, grease and much more! Available in a wide variety of liquid sizes as well as aerosol.How to get dry latex paint out of carpet?
I haven't had a spill that size, but ,on the dried paint I have encountered I use a spray bottle of ammonia (the real stuff) and a scrub brush. It has worked for me several times. Don't worry about over-soaking it, and be patient. It may take several applications and a lot of time. But you should see results quickly and it doesn't bleach the carpet.
I like Ashton's Mom's answer, but for future reference, a wet rag will get wet latex out easy. I can't even remember how many times I've spilled or splattered or dripped paint on carpet, and none of my customers knew it cause I got the paint out.
i had paint on my car seat and a mechanic friend of mine used paint thinner and it took it right off.. my seats were a light color thought , so i would reccomend starting with a small patch to make sure it dosen't discolor your brown carpet .. it's worth a shot..
Goof off or Oops! Test them in a small place out of the way first, though, to be sure that it doesn't take the color out of the carpet. Good luck! :(
you cant get that out.
should of cleaned when it was wet its garbage now

No comments:

Post a Comment