Sunday, February 21, 2010

How do you get latex paint off of clothes -jeans and a cotton shirt?

Buy new clothes and don't paint while weaing them.How do you get latex paint off of clothes -jeans and a cotton shirt?
For jeans. Take some hand sanitizer and saturate the paint stain and use a stiff scrub brush to scrub the stain. It make take some work but believe me, it works. I had to get some white paint out of my jeans and it worked like a charm. Heard drinking alchahol like vodka works too..

Report Abuse


How do you get latex paint off of clothes -jeans and a cotton shirt?
Soak article of clothing in dishwashing detergent (warm sudsy water). Apply bar soap directly to the stain. If that loosens things up a bit but doesn't get the paint out, apply toothpaste directly to the stain and rub fabric vigorously against fabric (generally accomplished by folding the garment in the general area of the stain). Toothpaste gets anything out of everything.
Hi, you need to get this product from the manufacturer. I don't know of anyone that sells it anymore. It's called,';Rid -a Brush'; Made by,Red Devil. you can get it from ,www.RedDevil.com Julie is the person. Is costs $10.00 and they will mail it to you. It will take out dried latex paint from clothes, brushes, off of floors ,you name it. I've never seen a better product.I've been selling paint for ,';I don't want to say, ';years, and stumbled across this in my Dad's garage. It was in a funny old,is not the word for it, box.He was a painter, as well as his Father. Dad Died at the age of 89. Last year. Try this product, it's really unbelievable.I checked into it and Red Devil is still here ,and still makes it. But whats strange,they only keep it for people who ask for that product by name.It's not on the retail shelves.??? Bye
buy new clothes or just take them to the cleaners and have them cleaned that way.
try nail polish remover or mineral spirits it may take it off. I know for a fact nail polish remover takes paint off trim, I heard it will also take it off clothes.
You'll have to really get it wet, and rub together. Rub, rub and more rubbing. It's a pain in the butt, and easier to just make them ';Paint clothes';. Sometimes you can scrap it a little, but that usually hurts the fibers, and weakens them.
Hi! I know what you need!!! Methyl Hydrate!(only for latex!!!) This is very much like gas line antifreeze(but don't use that)Go to wall mart (or wherever)go to the paint isle,they sell it there,about 3$,this will last you a very long time,simply rub some on the spot,be patient,work it in a little at a time,it will slowly start to break down the latex,when it, does ,and it will, rinse it out,toss it in the washer,you're done!

1 comment:

  1. Great! this information is very useful. I have one favorite jeans and the paint got spilled of at the bottom of the jeans. I had to keep it for a while. But since I read your post, i feel that i would be able to use my jeans again.

    I tried to search for the same design, but looks like that type of design is already phased out, I feel so happy learning about this information. - Levis Shop Online

    ReplyDelete