Thursday, February 18, 2010

How do I remove dried latex paint from denim jeans?

I have a couple spots of latex paint/primer on my jeans. The paint has probably been set in for a year. What the best way to remove it?How do I remove dried latex paint from denim jeans?
Did some looking, found this site with this subject matter, check it out: http://www.ehow.com/tips_7263.html





Hope this helps,


DaveHow do I remove dried latex paint from denim jeans?
If you don't happen to have paint thinner,you could try nail polish remover. I've used it on clothing and carpet. Acetone would be a better solvent but you could try the non-acetone too. Also there's ';goof off'; but may remove dye from fabric. wear gloves with this stuff.
Paint thinner.
I don't think you are going to get it out...Latex is usually impossible after it drys. Maybe you could put some cool patches, rhinestones or embroidery over the spots. Even add more paint! Heck, rip a few slits in them too, and you would pay $150.00 for them!! LOL You can also cut out the paint spots out and patch from the reverse side with some cool fabric showing thru!


Good Luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment