Monday, February 8, 2010

How can I can dried latex paint out of fabric?

I got latex wall paint on a skirt. I love the skirt, is there anyway to remove the paint?How can I can dried latex paint out of fabric?
PAINT, LATEX (water base) - WARNING: If paint has dried, removal may be impossible Treat while wet. Soak in cold water. Wash in cool water with heavy duty detergent. If paint has been allowed to dry 6 or more hours, spray or sponge with dry cleaning solvent, then rub gently with heavy duty liquid detergent. Next treat with a solution of 1 tablespoon of chlorine bleach in 1/4 cup water, if safe for fabric. Wash in hot water, rinse, repeat treatment.How can I can dried latex paint out of fabric?
If the skirt is a delicate fabric, chances are no. If not so delicate, it is possible but patience is needed.





When paint dries a sealant dries on the top. You need to get past this sealant. Scrape the paint spot with a razor blade, being careful not to cut the fabric. Once the paint seems chalky, use a solvent to get the rest out. I would suggest mineral spirits, but depending on the paint it may need to be something stronger.





This has worked for me and other before. However, not know the fabric of the skirt or the color, I can't guarantee that it won't ruin the skirt. But, it's ruined anyway w/ the paint on it. It's worth a try.
Get some ';Goo Gone'; or ';Goof Off';. That will get it out. Most grocery stores and home stores carry them.
  • rate my
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment